- Rototill the soil to a depth of 3-6″ (8-10 cm). First till in one direction
and then crosswise.
- Remove all debris from the area.
- Grade and shape the area to desired contours.
- Add starter fertilizer, incorporate the fertilizer by lightly rototilling or raking.
- Rake the surface smooth and even. Roll lightly and smooth again as required
to remove rough areas and depressions
- To lay the first row, start from a straight line, such as a curb or driveway. Or run
a taut string up the middle of the area and begin the first row along that line.
- Rake the area smooth before laying the sod
- Lay sod in brickwork fashion.
- Butt all joints tightly together without overlapping.
- Stake the sod on steep slopes to prevent slippage .
- Cut the sod with a sharp knife or edger to fit odd shapes with small areas.
- It is recommended that you go over the area with a third-filled roller to press
the roots to the soil.
- Water so that the soil is wet to a depth of 1″ (2.5 cm) beneath your sod.
- Follow watering and mowing recommendations for three weeks.